What is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015?
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installs run-time elements of Visual C++ libraries. These elements are needed to operate C++ software. Which are manufactured with Visual-Studio 2015 Update 3 RC. And connect to Vis-C++ libraries. However, The bundles may be employed to conduct such programs on a PC. Even if the Visual Studio 2015 isn’t already installed.
These packages also set up run-time elements of C Run-time (CRT). Standard C++, MFC, C++ AMP. Along with Open-MP libraries. MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable contains bug fixes into the run-time DLLs. As well as the newest versions for KB 2999226.
How to fix vcredist 2015 0x80240017 Error:
If Microsoft VC Redistributable 2015 is giving an error. That the “Setup Failed, One or more issues caused setup to Fail. Please fix the issue and retry setup 0x80240017 – Unspecified error”.
Below are the steps to fix this issue:
- Make sure that the previous versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redist are installed properly.
- However if the previous versions of vcredist are installed already.
- Then download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2015 x86 and x64 from Microsoft Official Website.
- If you are running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 older versions then simply update your windows.
- After updating reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 and reboot your computer.
If you are having .Net Framework 3.5 0x800F0950 error check out here to fix that error as well.